A whole new world!!!!

so here i am sitting in an internet cafe with a bunch of teenage boys looking over my shoulder trying to figure out what i am writing but cannot read or speak a bit of english. luckily matthew is here to translate and tell them to stay away. so the flight over here was VERY long, not to mention very cramped. Our flight to germany was so long and so uncomfortable, when we reached the germany airport i took a two hour nap on the airport chairs. from there we took a two hour flight to moldova where i sat next to a very nice lady who is from moldova and teaches english. she explained alot about moldova and their culture. after landing in moldova at seven at night (11:00 nashville time) we took a LONG, bumpy, three hour ride to our house in Falesti we had a VERY late dinner and went to bed around 11 (3:00 in the afternoon nashville time) we finally went to bed. i woke up at 6 in the morning (10 @ night in nashville) bc that was when the water was turned back on and took a FREEZING cold shower. from here we had a wonderful breakfast and gathered our supplies for the day. we then had lunch with our translators then went on to camp. here we were greeting with so many smiling faces or little orphans who LOVED to have their pictures taken. A translator named Aileena helped me say hello and speak to the children. Even though i tried to learn a few words in romanian i still had to write how to say hello on my hand, so that was the only thing i could say ALL day to the children. There was this one girl named Christina who is absolutly adorable. We took about 25 pictures of all the children and the attempted to split up into our bible study groups. From here I was put with about 12, 1st-3rd grade boys, and two girls. We went into one of their cabins, which had about 4 beds in. The boys were jumping off the beds and screaming words i had no clue what they were saying. Luckily my wonderful translator, Vesilly, was there to help me out. It seems that I have the wildest children in the whole orphanage in my group. this is where i will need prayer for patient with these boys. We took them in to the cafeteria bc they were too wild in the cabin. From here we played 3 rounds on the hokey pokey, simon says, and sang a song about animals eating, drinking, and running in romanian. It was very interesting might i say. The children all have short hair and wear about 3 layers of any clothes they can find. Their shoes (if they have any) are all torn and are barely there. it’s so sad to this these children are living like this. I have yet to see the outhouses at the camp or sinks.. that will be interesting. we said our goodbyes, pulling the children, especially christina, off of us and telling them we would be back tomorrow. In the morning we will go back to camp to start a regular day with the children. It seems that there is rain in the forcast for the next few days (as well as all day today) so we will see what God has planned for the next few days. Being in Moldova is like a whole new world..haha. Our mission house is very nice but other than that there only seems to be very run down, old apartments. I tried to post pictures but it seems the internet cafe does not have a plug 🙁 So stay tuned and hopefully i’ll be able to post pictures later. I’m not sure if we will have a chance to come back to the cafe the rest of the week but this is just a peek of my trip so far. Sorry if this seems scatter brained but the romanian boys are surrounding me and martha blair and trying to read my english typing (it’s a little distracting having peopel looking over my shoulder speaking in another language about me) But the real journey begins tomorrow…..I miss and love you all and can’t wait to return with tons of stories and pictures.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *