The group, which consists of 18 families and 57 kids, heard about Sweet Sleep through a family member, Yevonne Donkervoet, who is the Preschool Minister for Fielder Road Baptist Church in Arlington, Texas. Over the semester, the kids raised money by collecting loose change and doing extra chores or small jobs. The children gave joyfully and were so proud of the coins they were able to contribute each week.
Do you have a group or organization that would like to help buy a bed for an orphan in need? Contact Sarah Edwards to for more information.
Raising money for Sweet Sleep is easier than you think. Did you know that:
- $8 provides a mosquito net to orphans in Africa or Haiti.
- $10 provides a Bible to an orphan in his or her language.
- $50 provides a bed and bedding for orphan resettlement kits in northern Uganda.
- $125 provides a healthy, comfortable new Sweet Sleep bed for a child in Africa.
- $167 provides a complete Sweet Sleep bed for an orphan in Haiti.
- $200 provides a comfy Sweet Sleep bed for a Moldovan orphan.
Every weekday in February Sweet Sleep is Sharing Love through stories from individuals, churches and other partners who have helped us show love to orphans around the world by giving them a bed.
Go to www.sweetsleep.org/sharinglove and find out more about Sharing Love.