For starters… what do get with the following:
– 3 Americans who had already conducted camp during one of the hottest summers in the history of Moldova.
– 12 Very excited Americans just arriving (some for the first time).
– 4 Of the most outstanding translators in all of Moldova.
– 1 Amazing church in Calarasi.
– 19 children in need of a great week.
God took all of these variables and gave us one of the most rewarding weeks of my life. This week has been one amazing thing after another. Today was nothing short of being just amazing as the ones before. Today was our last day of camp. We spent a good portion of the day in bible study (which included foot washing). At first the children were rather reluctant to attempt to participate. After some time, everyone was participating. What a sweet moment it was to explain the story of of Jesus practicing humility by washing the disciples feet. Both Debbie and Mark have done a amazing job at teaching all week, sitting in Debbie’s class today while she poured her heart into this lesson was so beautiful. The children were taken back by this, while all of us were blessed and honored to take part in such a valuable lesson. Shortly after sharing lunch with the children, we said our goodbyes and that was the end of Team Two’s Summer Camp. Sharing such experiences with children is rewarding nonetheless, but sharing this experience with this group particular group of kids has been and will forever be life-changing!
Until next time…